As businesses’ close, the roads empty and we retreat indoors, we search for something to fill our days and purpose. Nature will always be accessible and offer a place of peace and tranquillity, so why not help it out. Over the next few weeks or months is the perfect opportunity to work on self-sustainability and reducing your environmental impact. Some ideas below:
- Start composting.
- Grow your own produce and plant some flowers for insects (bee’s dig lavender).
- Walk or ride to your destinations.
- Go for an adventure; bring a plastic bag and pair of gloves with you to pick up trash along the way.
- Learn to cook a few plant based recipes.
- Make your own cleaning products; vinegar, lemon and bicarb can clean just about anything.
- Reduce your plastic use by stocking up on staples at bulk foods stores; no can limits with beans here.
- Invest in re-usable and eco-friendly household items such as soap berries instead of laundry liquid and biodegradable cloths and scrubbers. Those items and plenty more available at https://www.floraandfauna.com.au
While this pandemic may be a pause on your life and career it is a time for us to reconnect to our roots and honour what is truly important to us.